Homecoming Victory

Back to Article
Back to Article

Homecoming Victory

Philip Escamilla, Staff Writer

Well, let’s just say it: our Diamondbacks struggled against Valley View for the first 3 quarters of last Thursday’s homecoming game. But once the fourth quarter happened, everything changed. People started cheering, the band started playing, Valley View got just plain tired, and our D-Backs fatally fanged the Tigers as they scored 28 unanswered points in a matter of 10 minutes. The points came off of Touchdowns, and “pick sixes” (interceptions returned for a touchdown) as the Diamondbacks came back, and came back hard, much to the delight of a packed student section which went absolutely ballistic. Once the crowd saw what was going on, the atmoshpere of the game was insane, as Richard Thompson Stadium came alive and our team stayed strong, not only improving to 3-2 on the season, but also pulling out the first district victory in school history. We all know of course, that it won’t be the last, as hopes are high for this weekend when the team will travel to Rio Grande City to take on the 1-4 Rattlers. No, the Sharyland Rattlers are not in our sights as of yet, but hopefully these Rattlers will serve as a pleasant appetizer for the hungry Diamondbacks who are on the prowl in Week 6 of the Regular Season.